Setary includes a
stock_status column for your WooCommerce products. This field represents the availability of your products and is an important element in managing your store inventory. However, it’s important to note that this column is filterable, but not directly editable. The reason for this is the dynamic nature of the
stock_status which WooCommerce updates based on the current stock quantity and other parameters.
Understanding Stock Status
WooCommerce uses three primary terms to describe the stock status of a product:
- instock: This status is assigned when the ‘Manage stock’ option is checked and the stock quantity is above 0.
- outofstock: This status is assigned when the ‘Manage stock’ option is checked and the stock quantity is at or below 0.
- onbackorder: This status is assigned when the ‘Manage stock’ option is checked, the stock quantity is at or below 0, and backorders are enabled.
The threshold for low stock can be adjusted within WooCommerce itself.
Filtering by Stock Status
Although direct editing of
stock_status isn’t possible in Setary, the column is filterable. This means you can sort and view your products based on their current availability. For instance, if you want to view all products that are currently ‘outofstock’, you can filter by that status. This helps to identify which products need to be restocked or discontinued.
To filter by stock status:
- Open your Setary dashboard and navigate to the Products tab.
- Click on the filter icon in the Stock Status column.
- Choose the status you wish to filter by.
- Click OK.
Remember, the best way to control your product’s stock status is by managing the stock quantity and the backorders setting. As you update these values, WooCommerce and Setary will automatically adjust the
stock_status accordingly, ensuring accurate inventory representation.